In modern business, information is all over the place. It’s in Slack. It’s in Google Workspace. It’s on your desktop. It’s fallen between your desk and the wall where it will remain until the day you retire.
Look — we get it. A lot of your workday is spent trying to organize this information. Or find it. As a result, information in a digital workplace is often siloed. One piece of information you need for one specific task is somewhere it shouldn’t be, and suddenly your day is derailed looking for the most up-to-date spreadsheet. That’s why we’ve created Teamstand: a Chrome extension that automates the organization of your files to allow you to spend less time searching and more time doing.
Let’s say, though, that you have a pretty good system worked out. Even the most organized person still has to take time tracking things down (if it just takes you an extra two minutes to find something, those two-minute chunks of wasted time can add up over a week or month).
We know this firsthand based on what we've been hearing from Teamstand's early adopters. People have been telling us our little Chrome extension saves them hours each week, and that getting that time back has all kinds of benefits for individuals, teams, and entire organizations.
How Does Teamstand Work?
Before we talk about how it works, let's first understand how it doesn't. Some companies have looked to address the problem of siloed information by offering a unifying platform designed to bring a lot of functionality under one umbrella — essentially creating One App to Rule Them All. But having learned our lesson from the Lord of the Rings, we take a different approach. We know you’re comfortable with your existing workflows, and we're not presuming that you're ready to toss them all out the window in favor of an App of Power that claims to offer a better way.
That’s why we supplement your existing processes rather than replace them. Once Teamstand has been installed as a Chrome extension, it finds files in email threads in Gmail and displays them in a collapsible side panel — organized for you automatically based on metadata.
Our secret sauce is the way in which we extract and use document and email metadata. Associated with every document, metadata is non-displayed information on things like the names of authors and the originating company. And if you happen to have long email threads, Teamstand will show you all the documents in those threads, neatly organized in our side panel without having to click through individual messages.
Let's say you’re exchanging documents with Bob who works at Tesla; Teamstand will organize those documents into a person-specific folder marked “Bob” and a company-specific folder marked “Tesla.” If you get files from other folks at Tesla, those documents will also be sorted into the Tesla folder automatically. By leveraging metadata, Teamstand allows you to find the documents you need across your inbox (and now across Google Drive and Slack too!).
Teamstand also has a powerful search function that allows you to find the files you need in seconds. You don't even need to know all the specifics of a file, like the exact date it was sent to you; all you need is some basic idea of the file you're looking for, such as a word in the title or the general time frame in which it was sent.
Finally, Teamstand also has a tagging function that lets you custom organize your files in a way that makes the most sense to you. For example, you could tag your most frequently-used sales collateral, your onboarding and implementation templates, or any files related to a specific project to quickly find them all at once.
Helping you find the file you’re looking for, Teamstand gives users a few different actions they can take on that file: you can preview it — and if it’s a Google document you edit it in the preview mode without opening a new tab — you can attach it to a brand-new message or copy a link to it in your clipboard, you can add a tag to custom organize, you can back into the email thread in which it was exchanged — you get the idea.
Teamstand is also accessible in Google Workspace and in Slack, improving your experience in those apps as well.
List Of Teamstand Benefits for Finding Emails, Attachments, and Files
Hopefully, it's becoming clear that Teamstand is an easy-to-adopt, easy-to-use Chrome extension that provides a better email experience. But beyond the immediate functionality, there are several benefits to using our app.
- Greater efficiency. As we've said, Teamstand doesn't make you more efficient by replacing all your other apps. It simply allows you to shave off a few minutes here and there. By the end of the week, you've saved a couple of hours and applied that time to something more useful than clicking through email threads searching for files.
- Greater focus. By automatically finding and presenting your important documents, Teamstand lets you stay inside the app that you're already using. It’s an in-inbox, finder solution for email that unifies your workflows in a way that feels natural.
- Better decision-making. Sometimes it takes a while to find the information you need to make an important decision. There are also times when the information you need is available, but you aren't aware of it because it's buried at the bottom of an information silo. Teamstand helps you make more informed decisions by presenting your relevant files front and center when you need them.
- Faster responsiveness. Is there anything more frustrating than waiting on a slow response for an important project? Teamstand keeps you from being that person everyone is waiting on by making your inbox a quick response command center. For example, if you're in sales, you can quickly locate follow-up materials after an important call with a prospective client.
- Better organization. How uncomfortable is it having your boss or an important client stare at you while you rapidly click through email threads in search of a specific file? Don't worry about that anymore. Teamstand presents all of your documents from an email thread, a person, or a company in an easily accessible panel — significantly reducing those cringe-y situations.
Get Teamstand to Make Your File Management Faster and Easier
Automating and customizing the organization of your files, Teamstand is only a few clicks away. When your most important files are sitting in a collapsible panel within Gmail, Google Workspace, and Slack, you’ll quickly start to realize the benefits for yourself, your team, and your company.
Like the best apps, Teamstand is intuitive and simple. Contact us today to get free access to Teamstand’s automated digital filing finding cabinet right now. We'll also make sure that down the road you get the inside scoop on all of Teamstand’s bells and whistles.
Read more ResourcesSee All Resources
December 12, 2022
Getting your Digital House in Order: Better Ways to Organize Files
Keeping digital files organized boosts the productivity of your team, and organizational tools can make it even easier.
December 12, 2022
How to Make Your Email and Task Management Apps Work Together
Teamstand can augment any task management app by easily organizing, locating, and sharing your documents.